Results Washington is Gov. Jay Inslee’s enterprise performance management system to build a thriving Washington by:
- fostering the spirit of continuous improvement
- enhancing the conditions for job creation
- preparing students for the future
- valuing our environment, our health and our people
Lean provides proven principles that are helping Washington state government to:
- create a culture that encourages respect, creativity and innovative problem solving
- continuously improve and eliminate waste from government processes
- align efforts across state agencies
- deliver results that matter to Washingtonians
Results Washington calls on state agencies to apply Lean thinking and tools, report regularly on their progress on the Governor’s five goals and be accountable for making improvements and delivering results for the citizens of Washington through regularly held review meetings.
- Read the latest Lean project report to the Legislature - July 2014 (PDF) (Updated 7-8-2014).
- Read The Lean project report to the Legislature - January 2014 (PDF).
- Read The Lean Transformation Report: 2012 and Beyond (PDF) to learn the latest about key activities and agency projects.
- Watch these videos produced by our private-sector partner Cimira Studios about Lean in Washington state government:
- Check our 2012 Washington State Government Lean Transformation Conference page for presentations and videos.
- Read the Governor's Executive Order 13-04 (PDF) on Lean.
- Review the Jan. 25, 2012, Lean Overview for Leaders session for Washington state agency leaders.