Results Washington fosters the performance audit process between executive branch agencies and the State Auditor's Office. It also provides support to the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee upon request. Results Washington encourages performance management and continuous improvement principles throughout the performance audit process. Additionally, it provides leadership support and assistance in:
- Guiding executive branch agencies through the performance audit process, joint management response with the Office of Financial Management and the public hearing
- Informing the Governor and executive staff of significant issues and actions
- Helping to identify significant budget or statewide policy issues
- Development and review of action plans that address root causes of audit findings and alignment with the Governor's policies and goals
- Monitoring audit progress, federal standards and agency action plans to address SAO findings through completion
- Integrating actions and outcomes with the Governor's goal council work when appropriate
Learn more about how performance audits are managed in Washington state agencies.
- About performance audits – find out who conducts performance audits, the difference between performance and other audits and resources for executive branch agencies.
- Agency action plans – Want to know how an agency is addressing a performance audit issue? Action plans with specific steps are here.
- Contact – find the names and contact information for performance audit assistance.